| Ingredients |
3 Cups Self Raising Flour
3 Tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
85g-90g Grated Butter
2 Cups Milk
1 Cup Chopped Dates
Zest of 1 Orange
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1Tsp Vanilla Essence
| Method |
- Preheat Oven to 200’C. Prepare Flat Oven Tray with Baking Paper.
- Add the Chopped Dates, Orange Zest, Brown Sugar and Vanilla Essence in a Small Bowl and mix until combined.
- Sift together Flour, Baking Powder and a Pinch of Salt and Whisk and combine well.
- Grate Butter into the Dry Ingredients and use a knife to cut through and combine butter into the mixture.
- Add Date mixture but don’t stir.
- Add Milk slowly and mix lightly making sure to not fully combine (There should be pockets of flour) and you should have a wet looking mixture. (Depending on the day sometimes I use less Milk, so feel your way through it and use your intuition.
- Flour your bench top and scrape Scone dough onto the bench and either roll into a long log and cut into 10 Scones or make into a heap and use a Ramekin to make into circular scones.
- Cook Scones in the Oven for 10-12 Minutes until they’re Browning on the Top or Jump back when touched
2 Girls and a Food Blog x