| Ingredients |
2 Kumara’s/Sweet Potato (Purple and Orange)
250g Streaky Bacon
Red Wine Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar
1 Cup Pecans
3/4-1 Cup Sultanas or Cranberries
Rice Bran Oil or Olive Oil
| Method |
- Preheat Oven to 180 Degrees.
- Line shallow baking tray with cooking paper
- Peel Shallots, Trim the ends and place in a low heat saucepan with 1Tbsp Oil. Cook on Low until soft and caramelised (20-30 Minutes)
- Peel kumara and cut into circles and place in a bowl with 4 Tbsp of Maple Syrup and 1 Tbsp of Oil. Combine well using your hands. Place Kumara circles evenly on the baking tray and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle leftover Maple Syrup and oil from the bowl. Cook 20 minutes and then turn kumara and cook for further 10 minutes until golden and caramelised.
- Whilst the kumara and shallots are cooking, fry Streaky bacon in a frypan 12+ Minutes until golden and starting to get crispy. Add Pecans and cook 1-2 minutes then add sultanas or cranberries and drizzle/coat in Maple Syrup and cook for further 2-5 Minutes until maple syrup is bubbling and its caramelised.
- When the Shallots are ready, place 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar and let them rest.
- Assemble the Salad together with the remaining ingredients and SERVE and ENJOY.
2 Girls and a Food Blog x