I think about Food all the time, about how I can do things differently, what my favourite flavour combinations are and what might go well together. This was one of those light bulb moments.
| Ingredients |
1 Packet Mascarpone
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
6 Peaches or Apricots or Black Doris Plums
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
250g Streaky Bacon
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Cinnamon
Half a Packet of Macadamia nuts (50g)
| Method |
- Turn oven to grill.
- In a food processor, process macadamia nuts or roughly chop the nuts, lay on a flat tray and put under the grill until browned and you can smell the nuts. Put in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine 1 Packet of Mascarpone and 1 Tsp of Vanilla Essence and put aside. If you'd like it sweeter you can add 1 Tbsp of icing sugar however there is a lot of sweetness from the Candied Bacon and stone fruit.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Lay baking paper on a flat tray. Dip Streaky Bacon in the mixture and lay on the flat tray. Cook for 6-8 Minutes each side until caramelised and bacon is slightly crispy and cooked through
- Half stone fruit and remove stone. Cover fully with Maple Syrup and cook in a frypan on medium heat for 10-15minutes. The Stone fruit should be caramelised.
- Halve Bagels and toast and smoother in mascarpone, caramelised bacon and stone fruit. Sprinkle with the Macadamia crumb and serve