It’s actually shocking how much I think about Food. This was literally a recipe that I thought up between leaving work and arriving at the Supermarket. I thought, surely this would make for the perfect combination of spice and comfort food! I heart Nachos, but I wanted to add a bit of sass to the usual mince combo and here it is! This is such a Winner!
| Ingredients |
2 Chicken Breasts (Cut Horizontally to make into 2 fillets and then chop into pieces)
1 Deli Chorizo Sausage (Slice)
1 Onion (Chopped Finely)
1 Tbsp Oil
1 Tsp Garlic
1/2 Cup Preserved Red Capsicum
1 Packet Chicken Burrito Mix
1 x Can Mexican Tomatoes
1x Can Mild Chilli Beans
Salt and Pepper
1 Cup Frozen Corn
1 Packet Corn Chips of Choice
| Method |
- Cut Chicken Breasts and place in a bowl. Mix with the Chicken Burrito packet and place to the side.
- Chop 1 Onion finely and place in a large saucepan with 1 Tbsp of oil and begin to sweat (8-10 minutes). Add 1 Tsp of Garlic and crack some salt and pepper and stir. Add chorizo and cook for 4-6 Minutes until fragrant. Add Capsicum and stir for 2 minutes. Add corn and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 can of Mexican tomatoes and 1 can of mild chilli beans. Cover and Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whilst the mixture is simmering get a frypan and add 2 Tbsp of Oil and the chicken and cook on medium-high heat until cooked through 8-10 minutes. Once cooked add to the tomato mixture and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- If you feel like it you can arrange the corn chips around the outside of a skillet, add nacho mixture to the middle sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and place under the grill until Cheese is bubbling.
- Serve with Sour Cream, Cheese and Nacho Chips